Thursday, January 25, 2018

THE MIND OF A SLAVE OR THE MIND OF A FREE MAN


I woke up this morning so scared of the freedom in front of me.  So afraid of the walls that I am about to depart.  See if you don't know I have decided to leave the comfort and consistency of a corporate job to start my own production company and lately I have been having some serious highs and lows.  So I decided to start to write about it in this blog and this is entry number one.  To keep in efficient and timely I am not going to do a ton of proofing and oversight.  I am just going to put it down and post it, so you'll please excuse the typos and errors along the way.

So I was scared, laying awake at 4:00am, and I honestly couldn't sleep but I didn't want to get up and face the world but I did and I am proud of myself.  I woke up, went swimming and in the process found some great inspiration in part from this AMAZING video compilation on Jim Carry which gets better as you watch it.

My favorite line from it, "For years I spent time wanting to do something bigger than myself, until someone much wiser than me said there's nothing bigger than yourself".

So the title, The Mind of a Slave or The Mind of a Free Man - it comes from the book The Richest Man in Babylon.  And so I ask you and myself, do you have a mind of a slave or a mind of a free man.  And for me the answer today is I have the mind of a free man.  And honestly all that freedom scares me.  So it's baby steps going forward.  Little goals.  Things I can do and understand, because the outcome is out of my hands.

The video below it gets better as you watch it, trust me.

zzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment